Good day to all
It is with a cheer in my voice that I pen this email to all of you as inaugural members of Institute of Professional Tourist Guides of Southern Africa (IPTGSA)
The process was started nearly three years ago with a group of like minded guides in Benoni
We can now successfully say that the official launch will take place on the 22 June 2017.
All procedures and policies are now in place, and you as visionary to invest in the establishment of the IPTGSA now has the opportunity to be the first to apply to get recognition from the IPTGSA
The planning is ongoing and will adjust with time over the next few months but the dates are fixed.
AGM 2017 and the Official Launch will take place on 22 June 2017 in Maboneng Johannesburg. Official invites will be sent out with final details.
Dates for the first panel interviews are set for 20 April 2017 in Johannesburg, 11 May 2017 is the 2nd in Johannesburg and Capetown and the 3rd 1 June 2017 in Johannesburg and Capetown .
These dates have been so placed that the successful applicants will be presented with their certificates at the official launch on the 22 June 2017.
IPTGSA online registration and website has gone trough a major rebuild to make registering online much easier.The new website will go active on the 1 March and be open for registration. Guides that would like to be up there for the launch has from 1 to 31 March 2017 to submit their documentation. After the end of March applications will be scheduled and approved as received on an ongoing basis.
A national roadshow is being planned to reach all the major towns in SA in the future.
Membership to the Institute of Professional Tourist Guides of Southern Africa (IPTGSA) is a professional designation to strive to with hard work and dedication. Professional status is not just handed to a certain few ,but earned by any tourist guide that has made guiding his/her profession.
- Must be a registered tourist guide with NDT through one of the provincial registrars.
- Completed appropriate training course
- Received corresponding certificate.
- Completed First Aid certificate
- Registered at provincial government and have registration number
- Subscribe to the Tourism Bill (Act 3 of 2014) .CHAPTER 6
- Signed and acknowledge the code of conduct as detailed in the Regulations of the Tourism Bill (Act 3 of 2014)
- Must have qualified with minimum NQF4 Guiding Certificate.
- Must have competence as determined by the South African Qualifications Authority in accordance with the national qualifications framework contemplated in the National Qualifications Framework Act, 2008 (Act No. 67 of 2008)
- Must have done more than 5 years in the tourist guiding industry.
- Must attend a panel interview of peer review.
- Must submit to Continuous Professional Development.
The Panel of peer review is not there to test your knowledge but to prove your guiding professionalism.
Other than filling in information and ticking boxes you need to upload images of the listed items.
- ID document
- Registration card ( front and back)
- Passport type of Photo ( head and shoulder)
- SAQA approved Guiding qualification certificate
- Personal CV
The personal CV must be comprehensive with backup to prove your 5 years in industry as a tourist guide.
Please take this advantage in getting your information together so you may apply in March.
Complete registration details will be available on the website.
Use this opportunity to be ready when we go live on the 1st March 2017 to submit your application. You may direct any questions to [email protected].