After a very tough year, the committee would like to invite you to an educational and year-end function on the 13 December at the Voortrekker monument.
As the second-largest tourist attraction in SA (pre covid) the Voortrekker monument has taken the initiative to update and make it even better. Many changes have happened at the Voortrekker monument and this educational is there to update you as a tourist guide on the entrance, payment, booking, and attraction procedures.
This coincides with the Vow festival which is been hosted from 9 -16 December (day of the Vow) and many other activities are planned
- 11:30 -12:00 Arrival and registration at the Info center
- 12:00 Site visit
- Walkthrough of the President and Premier exhibit
- Trek route garden and game (how it works and background)
- Living laager (see how Milktart is made on an open fire, how they make candles, and Voortrekker life)
- Jaffels for lunch at The School on wheels with an information session on the Voortrekker Monument
- 16:00 End op program
- General networking and social for the year-end function
After the educational you are welcome to stay on and join in, in other activities like a guided afternoon tour of the Monument and the new exhibits inside, firing of the canon, etc.
Meal at the School on wheels is for own account ( around R60) plus beverages ( fully licensed). The Voortrekker monument has kindly sponsored R10 per guide towards the meal.
- Mince and Cheese jaffel
- Spinach jaffel
- Chicken and mayo jaffel
We will be placing the order on arrival
All members are welcome and if you would like to invite some of your guide friends to come and enjoy what the Institute offers it would be great.
Registration is required