As this crazy year of 2020 is drawing to a close and the silly season is just continuing, the festive season is looming ahead of us all and we all realise that this year would be different. Less spending time with family and loved ones, enjoying the art of giving and just being merry.
We all thought of alternative ways of making ends meet and HOPE that 2021 brings back what we love to do ..... Guiding.
Looking forward with an open mind and seeing the changes for what they are, it is no use brooding on the past, let us accept the chance to tackle the future, Guides for Guides.
This past year has seen a lot of growth in IPTGSA, maybe due to having more time, and a chance to make things work.
It has been great to see members take the lead on projects and the professionalised way these projects benefitted all tourist guides and members, we all look forward to this continual participation by members.
Looking back on a disastrous 2020 we need to see the positive for IPTGSA :
- Member increase
- Great educationals organised by members.
- Free Covid19 Protocol training.
- The new online Mentorship program ( Click here)
- Membership fees suspended in support of new alternate income stream (presently in the testing phase, to be launched in 2021)
- Resource schedule to help members with, Contracts, BBBee registration, Insurance, and accounting.
Tourist guiding is in such disarray at present with a myriad of associations, federations, and unions trying to find their space in the industry. The Institute committee has decided that IPTGSA will not compete on the public platform but keep on existing for its members. Experience is professionality, and that is the main focus.
The next IPTGSA annual general meeting (AGM) will be held on 21 January 2021 (details to follow) and we urge all members to join in, even if you are located remotely.
- Online nominations are open on the website. If you would like to actively participate in the Exco please get a member to nominate you or even nominate yourself. As we are based nationally the Institute would like to include members in remote areas to spread the Institute's influence wider. (Click here for nominations)
- Members are spread far and wide so the voting for new members of the committee will be done online, which gives an opportunity to any member to stand for the Exco or Board and all members will get the opportunity to vote prior to the AGM
- The AGM will also be live on zoom for members to follow.( details to follow)
The committee and I would like to wish each and everyone of your family a happy festive season . Spend it with your family and return safely in the new year.
Stay committed to your decision, but stay flexible in your approach (Tony Robbins)
Well summed up, IPTGSA!
Keep up the incredible work.