This educational is to introduce Dinokeng a Big5 nature reserve in Gauteng and is sponsored by Mongena Private Game reserve.
- Venue: Mongena private Game lodge
- Date: Wednesday 2 September 2020
- Start Time:08:30 for 09:00
- Anticipated completion: 16:00
- Educational is free of charge. Lunch for own account
Program for the day
- 08h30-09h00 Arrival coffee/tea hosted by Mongena, viewing of rooms, taking off a la carte lunch orders
- 09h00-11h30 Complimentary guided game drive at Mongena
- 11:30-12:00 Chris Pieterse chairman of Dinokeng Tourism Association - presentation on Dinokeng
Game Reserve in Bateleur conference room at Mongena
- 12:00- 13:00 Pre-ordered a la carte lunch at Kingfisher Restaurant at Mongena at a flat rate of R150 pp incl 1 soft drink prepaid
- 13:00-14:15 Site visit at Chameleon Bush Lodge
- 14:15-15:00 Site visit at Tshikwalo Lodge
- 15:00-16:00 Site visit at Kwalata Game Ranch for coffee/tea
- 16:00 Departure
The above program is complimentary with the lunch as an option to be prepaid and pre-ordered upon arrival from the set menu as attached including 1 soft drink/water.
- From the Hatfield Gautrain Station
- If any other people are traveling in their own transport Please indicate if you have space for a passenger
When registering please comment in the message block what transport you will be using
Sorry fully subscribed
Masks to be worn and social distancing applies
Our Story centers around conservation, as a project started through strategic initiatives of Gauteng Provincial Government and the efforts of enthusiastic more than 170 landowners. Together they developed the concept that eco-tourism could become the source for the upliftment of rural communities through sustainable employment.
Situated within the boundaries of a large metropolis the Dinokeng Game Reserve has the potential to become a model for future conservation where people and wild animals live in harmony. And it is on the way to prove itself as an example for successful transformation with so far more than 800 permanent jobs created for people living in the adjoining communities.
The DGR is situated on the northeastern quadrant of the Gauteng Province of South Africa between latitudes 25°40’00”S and 25°10’00”S and longitudes 28°15’00”E and 28°40’00”E comprising currently 18 500 ha.
The DGR area experiences summer rainfall patterns in the form of thunderstorms which can be variable and erratic. Rainfall varies from 350mm to 750mm per season. Temperatures vary between 0° and 40° with a long term daily average of 21°.
The Dinokeng Game Reserve is Malaria-free.
I want to express my gratitude of the invitation that I have received and congratulate for the high level of Organization and the professionalism which made it possible to gather so many different experts. It was a pleasure to be there and to share what I have been doing with a group of outstanding academicians. Everything was super. I learned a lot and had a good time. It was a privilege to visit there. I wanted to thank you very much for your excellent management of what has turned out to be a successful and highly stimulating event. Thanks again for your wonderful hospitality and congratulations for the Organization. Hats off to you.